Wednesday, June 13, 2012

This is the SECOND time I've not found a fortune in my fortune cookie :( Tim says I'm supposed to write my own destiny ;)
 I had a SUPER relaxing day at work today, and I left at 4:00pm. Which is totally awesome. If I could work 6am-4pm rather than my crazy, all-over-the-place shifts, I would. I got home, made chicken pot pie for dinner and STILL HAVE 5 HOURS before I go to bed :D This is a bad picture of the chicken pot pie, but it was delicious. So comforting :) And yes, that is even homemade crust :)

Alrighty, these are the last pictures of our trip. On our way home, we stopped in a random town called Salem, WI. I used my iPhone, and Siri told us told us some local pizza places, so we tried out Chubby's Pizza Shack. I'm sorry, but by this name, I was expecting something AWESOME!
 While waiting for our pizza in the probably 90 degree waiting area, I read some random magazine that had this article:
 I'd be interested in this website if they actually updated more. It kind of sucks right now; however, this does make me want to travel more. And it's true, you become closer when you travel.

This was our pizza-we got their specialty. It was OKAY. Tim and I thought the crust tasted like frozen pizza, which was REALLY disappointing. I suppose we're not going to like every pizza we try though :) Eating all this pizza has made me want to try making homemade sauce. I want my homemade pizza to stand out. I've done spaghetti sauce before, I think I'll just add some more spices or something. I'll let you know how it goes.
I drove ONCE on the trip-Tim wanted to drive and apparently he never gets tired lol. I drove for about an hour on the way home but had to stop to put my glasses on because my contacts were driving me crazy. Well, as I was going back on the road, our tire started sounding funny. There was a SCREW stuck in the tire! Seriously? We were a little over 100 miles away from home. Thank GOD we had a donut tire. I'm so happy Tim was there. I know how to change a tire; but when you're in a new town and it's dark, trust me, you'd want a man with you too :)
 My travel companion :)


We had such a great time on this trip, no plans, just leisurely walking around. I'm happy it confirmed our plans of where we're moving to. And we're moving soon-we decided we can't put off moving anymore, which we were doing because we kept thinking of how risky it'd be and how out of our comfort zone we'd be. We're planning on moving to Traverse City in 1 1/2 months :) Definitely nervous, but super excited to see what the future holds :)

P.S. I went to the grocery store and was going to buy some cookies but ended up deciding I'd make some Snickerdoodles at home...when I got home...I realized we had no eggs. It was a sad night lol. Tim is buying eggs tonight on his break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment