Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Did I say YES to the dress?

Last month, my matron of honor (my sister), bridesmaids, my mom, and I went to Grand Rapids to David's Bridal to try on wedding dresses :)
 I did end up finding my dress on this trip, but it wasn't until a SECOND trip to David's Bridal that I actually confirmed I wanted it. I then looked on tradesy, where I ended up getting the $799 dress for only $328 :)

Here were some contenders:


This first dress was the dress I went to David's Bridal expecting to purchase, but it just didn't fit me right. I don't know, something about the bust area or something looked a little funny. So, no go for that one...
 This one was okaaaaayyyyyy….but I didn't really care for the added fabric on top. Made me feel kind of stupid wearing it?
 I don't remember what was wrong with this one, but I'm glad I didn't buy it. Let me tell you though, it sure is hard trying to "see" yourself in your dress when the dress you're trying on is 3 sizes too big...
 This was another no, as you can tell by my face haha :) It also was too big, so I couldn't really get the feel for the dress.
 Yeah, no. I just didn't like this dress.
 I liked the back of this dress, but the front was too plain. And the neckline looked awful on me.
I don't know who the heck would wear this dress with those little "tassels" on the sleeves??? Besides being huge, other than the tassels, this was an okaaayyyyy dress.
 This dress reminded me of The Great Gatsby. I would love wearing it somewhere where absolutely no one knows me---it was a bit too low for me, but it was fun to try on :)
This was the one poofy dress I tried on. It was cute, but I'm not a poofy dress kind of girl.
 This dress was my second favorite. I was THIS CLOSE to purchasing it; however, the feel of the dress (maybe the shape of it?) reminded me of a dress I could wear all the time. I was looking for my wedding dress, something unique. Something that really made me feel like a bride. I do still love this dress though. It was so comfortable and cute. And it had leaves on it :)
 I didn't really get a "feeling" of being a bride towards anything until they put this blusher veil on me. That did it. I started crying. So just so you know, I will be wearing a blusher veil on my wedding day.
After dress shopping, we went to the Olive Garden, where I, like always, had the chicken gnocchi soup with salad and breadsticks. Actually, all of us had some sort of soup with salad and breadsticks. It was pure heaven. We then went to the World Market and did a bit of shopping before heading home. It was such a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment