Monday, January 21, 2013

Thanks to my new job, I have today off (also thanks to Martin Luther King, Jr.). I never realized how much I loved my three-day weekends until I didn't have them; however, working 8-4:30 5 days a week is worth it.

I'm a little behind, but here is what we did on our anniversary:
 The night before, we decided we wanted to watch the sunrise. So we woke up at 7am. The sun started to rise around 8am lol. We made some coffee/tea and wore our slippers in the car :)
 We went to redbox and rented "Hope Springs" and "Bourne Legacy". 
 I love no makeup days.
We started driving and found that the sunrise was near the factories in town lol. What I wouldn't give to have a lake where we could watch the sunrise. We can watch the sunset at Lake Michigan, but not the sunrise…this big sandhill hid the view...
 We drove for about half an hour before we finally found a spot to watch the sunrise.
It was definitely beautiful though. Even with the factories right next to it :)
 We went home and made a delicious breakfast :)
We relaxed on the couch and watched "Hope Springs", which I thought was a cute movie. Tim just dealt with it-I'm pretty sure this is when he took his 1 1/2 hour long nap lol
 This was mid-afternoon when I realized I had a temperature of 102.4. I was SO COLD!!! We watched some "Top Gear UK" and I fell asleep. When I woke up, my fever had broke. Yay!
 We ordered takeout from Stafonos. I got a chipotle chicken wrap, Tim had an Andy's burger, and we got an order of deep-fried cauliflower :)
We ended the night watching "Bourne Legacy", which was pretty good. Overall, a nice day; I just wish I didn't get sick. It took me over a week to get over the flu. Nevertheless, we're together for better and worse. And these kind of days are what make good memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment