Sunday, March 2, 2014

 We haven't seen a lot of sun where I live in the past few months. Actually, we just hit our record of most snowfall ever…a couple weeks ago, we actually had a sunny day, so obviously I felt the need to go to the beach :) 
 There was a woman and her dog at the beach, and she nicely came up to me and asked if I wanted my picture taken :) Her dog made it into about 3/4 of the pictures haha!
 I just LOVE the layers of sand and snow!
 It was so much fun and a great way to end a hectic day at work :)

 For Valentine's Day, Tim took me out for dinner :) While our dinners weren't anything special, our Triple Chocolate mousse for dessert was heavenly. Perfectly chocolaty and light, it was a nice way to end the meal without making us feel bloated :)
 And have I mentioned how nice it is to live near a restaurant? Granted, almost all their food is fried and more than likely from a bag, but at least we don't have to cook it :)

 Lately, I've noticed (rather, Tim pointed out to me) that I eat a CRRRRAPPP load of candy. Even if I don't want it, I eat it if I see it. I've also noticed that I've had a heck of a lot more pimples on my forehead and chin area…so I put two and two together and thought, "hmmmmm….if I cut out sugar, how much do you want to bet my skin will get clearer???" So I decided to cut out candy for a week and see what happens…guess what? My face is about 95% cleared up! I can't believe I didn't realize sooner that what I was eating was affecting my skin (DUH!!!!)!

I bought some mandarine oranges, grapes, strawberries, blackberries, string cheese and cherry tomatoes, baked snap peas, and a bunch of nuts to help curb my candy cravings; and yes, I realize there's chocolate on that Kashi bar, BUT it's not candy, and it's MUCH healthier than what I used to eat :) Another change I've done is to drink a TON of water! I start out my morning by drinking three glasses of water (in about two hours) along with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar; then throughout the day, I drink two cups of decaf green tea along with about two water bottles full of water. And that's just at work. I probably drink another two cups full of water before I go to bed. Try it! It may feel like a lot at first, but you'll get used to drinking so much; and before you know it, you'll almost start to crave it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment