Sunday, March 16, 2014

Why does greek yogurt have to smell so bad but taste SO good?! I swear, every time I eat it, all I can smell is stinky feet (and it's not mine)…



Does your cat lay on your legs with their butt in your face? Mine does. She also lays with us at night…with her butt in my face. It's awesome.
 This past Friday I went out for a much needed date with my friend Heather. We only live 45 minutes away from each other (I even work in the same town she lives in), but we only get together once every few months. That shouldn't be the case. We both got out of work by 3:30; so us being the old ladies that we are, we went out for dinner by 4pm…I had a delicious black bean burger with fries, and Heather got a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon on it :). We also got FREE cake for dessert since it was the restaurant's 16th anniversary. Super awesome! White cake with either raspberry filling or custard. 
 Yesterday, Tim and I decided to get out of the house. I've been feeling like all we do is stay at home and sit either in front of the computer or tv…and that's lame. What a terrible way to live! So we decided to take a drive up to Traverse City for some shopping :)
 We first stopped at the Rolling Farms Cafe for some delicious lunch. Seriously! I've never gotten a bad meal from here. I was in sort of a funk yesterday and slept the entire way to Traverse, so I decided to have breakfast for lunch. I got their croissant french toast with a couple pieces of bacon, and it was h.e.a.v.e.n. Yum. So good.
We then went to FYE where I spent only $60 on all these guilty pleasures :) I watched a couple of these when I was in middle/high school (not that I need to explain myself because I'm not embarrassed whatsoever), but I've always wanted them on video. Just to watch on days when I feel like watching an extremely cheesy movie :)
There was a new hotdog place to eat at, so we decided to try it out for dinner….not awesome. We could seriously make these ourselves. They even used what tasted like Meijer-brand hotdog buns. Lame. How can a chain restaurant stay open with crap like this?

On a more exciting note, Heather's husband is opening his very own food truck this summer, called Lakeside Wiener Wagon :). They're going to have like 20 different ways to have a hot dog, BBQ pulled pork, and some other stuff. His specialty dog has an apple chutney on it, and it is a.m.a.z.i.n.g.! Anyway, he's currently getting me prices to see how much it'd be to cater our wedding! How awesome would it be to have a food truck at our wedding??????!!!!!! I'm getting super excited :)


No comments:

Post a Comment