Sunday, May 17, 2015

Comparison.

I'm feeling in a bit of a funk today. You know how it goes, looking too much at other people's lives and comparing it to your own. What I look at is how much other people are traveling. I love traveling. I feel destined to travel. It's an itch I have. I just need to see new things, taste new things, and experience it all. 

Tim and I definitely plan on traveling, but he's not as interested in it as much as I am. I think we just need to go somewhere amazing, and hopefully he'll realize he needs it as much as I do :) We have different ideas for what we feel our money should go to at the moment: he is very much into buying music equipment to further his career in drumming as well as thinking of the future by fixing up our home. I'm all for that, but my dream right now is to travel. Travel all the time :D I've heard countless times where people say "We'll go next year." and then next year comes and goes, and before you know it, you've missed the opportunity. Well that's not going to happen to me. It can't.

So rather than being all "Oh, woe is me. Boo hoo hoo, I feel sorry for myself", I've decided to start a travel fund. So far I've got $300 saved up. I'm hoping to add $100/month to it until there's enough saved up to go to either Iceland or England. Those are in the top five places I'd like to go, and I know Tim would love either of them. 

I'm hoping also that in the mean time, Tim and I start to see the area around us. Tim is very much a home body-he'd much rather stay at home and watch tv/play video games. I also like doing that; however, we do it all the time. Even if we don't spend money, I'd like to stay active. Now that summer is almost here, I'm sure we'll be taking lots of walks, and Tim talked about getting a couple bikes :)

I also have quite a few things on my bucket list I'd like to do besides travel. I've been wanting to see Dave Matthew's Band in concert for about the last 10 years. Last year I had planned on buying tickets, but it was never the "right time". This year I made up my mind, I was going to go see them. January went by, February went by and I lost my job, March went by, April went by and I started a new job, and then I put my foot down. And bought tickets and booked our hotel room. And I am so excited! 
 I think when it comes to comparing myself to others, yes, I wish I was traveling abroad as my job; however, I don't think that will ever happen. So, I'm focusing on everything great in my life and I'm consistently trying to think of ways to make it better, even if it's just something simple like enhancing a chocolate chip cookie recipe with walnuts and blueberries, which I did this weekend. And they were awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment