Sunday, May 7, 2017

I haven't posted on here in a while, and it's always hard figuring out what to write after it's been so long! I'm just going to write what has been happening lately, and I'm sure posts will flow from there :)

So, most importantly, Lakeside Wiener Wagon and BBQ is open for the season!!! Tim and I went there yesterday! Tim got two street dogs (with grilled corn, garlic mayo, and parmesan cheese), a pulled pork taco (with cilantro cole slaw), and I got the porker (hotdog with pulled pork, coleslaw, and pickles) as well as the pulled pork sandwich, which also had coleslaw and pickles :) Everything was SO delicious! We then went and watched Guardians of the Galaxy II...I feel like it was just us, but we weren't thrilled with it. Everyone else in the theatre was enjoying it, but Tim and I both like the darker side of Marvel movies, and we felt like this movie was FULL of one-liners to make the audience laugh. It was pretty disappointing, but we were happy to get out of the house and spend time together :)
Friday I had to work part of the day. Rebecca and the kids weren't feeling well, so I didn't go there afterwards. I was in a productive mood, so I decided to take care of one of the rooms upstairs that we don't currently use for anything besides storage. I didn't realize how unorganized it was and just plain messy.




Our cat was pretty excited because she got to come up with me. We normally keep the upstairs closed off in the cold seasons because it isn't heated.
 The majority of stuff that had been in this corner was all wedding stuff. I went through it, kept what I wanted (or couldn't part with), and the stuff in the back left will probably be given to good will.
 This area looks SO much better. I don't know why we never used those book shelves for anything (doh!). Now all our extra blankets and pillows are in one area, and my extra books and kids books that didn't fit on our shelves downstairs are now organized :)
 Old magazines were gone through and will be given to the library, and our kid toys now fit all in one box, since all the kid books are on the shelf :)
It was SO rewarding to be done! I've got one more disastrous closet upstairs to go through, and one downstairs that's filled with winter coats, Tim's old cymbals and Loot Crate boxes lol, but after that, we won't have a ton of extra crap. It will feel so great. Getting rid of stuff is such an exhilarating feeling!

This morning I went and got groceries around 6:30am, then got home and made some yummy bacon hash. It's super easy to make, is super filling, and besides the bacon is really good for you! This is a recipe I found back when we were on the ketogenic diet.


6 slices bacon
2 cups chopped cauliflower
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt
black pepper

1. Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove from pan and cool, then crumble.
2. Drain some of the bacon grease*. Add chopped cauliflower, diced onion, and minced garlic to the skillet with the remaining bacon grease. Cook about 8 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower starts to brown and becomes tender. Add garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Add bacon. Stir until combined, remove from heat.

3. Make a sunny-side-up egg and put it on top :) In the photo, I accidentally cooked mine too long, which is why it looks like part of the egg's skin has been removed because it has been :) It got a little crunchy, and I hate when that happens! You could always do scrambled eggs as well, I'm just partial to sunny-side-up :)

*I'll leave that up to you as to how much bacon grease you want to leave in the pan. I don't like a lot of grease in my food, but you do need some of the grease because it adds flavor. So just eyeball it. You can always add more grease back in the pan if you want.

Kind of a random post, but hopefully I'll get back into the swing of posting more often! Now that summer is coming soon, I'm sure we'll be doing a lot more. I'd also like to start baking more and learning new techniques, so I'll be sure to share everything on here :)
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment