Sunday, June 4, 2017

The last two weekends have been great! I don't normally work Fridays but had to cover for the other receptionist this past Friday. I was expecting to feel like I didn't have much of a weekend, but this weekend has been more refreshing than any I've had in a while. It's because I was out enjoying life rather than looking online at blogs and pinterest and wishing I was traveling :)


We've had hot dogs from Lakeside Wiener Wagon five times so far this year. The bottom left photo is with pineapple chipotle salsa and a pulled pork taco with cilantro/onion salsa. The right is their porker (pulled pork, coleslaw and pickles) and an extra container of cole slaw because they love me. And because I also work on the truck sometimes :)


After having such carb-filled meals, Tim and I felt insanely bloated and disgusting. We tried out a "stir fry" bowl, with rice, boiled broccoli, garlic and snap peas, fresh red peppers, rotisserie chicken, cashews, and Bragg's liquid aminos for seasoning. We had kombucha to drink. Tim doesn't really care for vegetables, but somehow he loves cooked broccoli? He's actually the one that requested this :) It was super delicious, very filling, and it lasted us three days. Win!
Super sunny weekends meant accidental sunburns for us both...we went to Ludington and got Tim a new skateboard (he's been feeling nostalgic lately), ate at The Que with a couple friends (best bbq in Ludington), and relaxed at home. It was the first time I had been able to relax outside, and I was engrossed in my book before I realized I had been out there for 1 1/2 hours...oops. Excellent book though! "Love with a Chance of Drowning", by Tosse DeRoche. Look it up! It looks like she has a new book coming out in September that I'm super excited to read. She recently broke up with her boyfriend of nine years (so sad!) and lost her father when a friend asked if she'd want to travel through India with her. It sounds like a book of finding herself again and something I'd really enjoy.
The best part of both weekends happened yesterday. Heather and I bought our tickets to Paris/London!!! We'll be gone 10 days, 4 in Paris, 3 in London, and 3 for travel. The second to last day of travel we'll actually be in Chicago overnight because our flight will be getting in later than the train leaving to Grand Rapids. So we'll get an early train ride home. I stopped at the Daily Bakehouse on my way to her house and picked up some treats for us to enjoy while we purchased our tickets :)




We have now officially purchased our tickets from Chicago to Paris and London to Chicago! Best part????? Cheapoair.com had tickets for $1000 less than anywhere else we looked. We couldn't believe it!!! I will be using them for any plane ticket we ever need to purchase. Our total was $908.56! That meant I could actually afford getting a new mesh jacket and boots for the motorcycle for this summer! I just ordered them and can't WAIT to have air flowing through my jacket. I get so unbelievably hot in the one I have right now, so it's definitely worth it.

Today I got up at 5:15am, went and got groceries at 6am, made us delicious coconut milk pancakes and bacon for breakfast, am washing our sheets/comforter, will do dishes/more laundry, and probably spend the rest of the day reading a book or looking up more Paris/London ideas. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment