Friday, May 25, 2012

 Chicken fajitas and corn on the cob for dinner. Really crappy picture, but it was SO GOOD! I love the summertime, mainly for all the delicious food I can afford again :) It's easier to have healthy food in the summertime, and it's MUCH easier to detox as well, since fruits and veggies are cheaper.
 Picking out a summer color :)
 This was SO GOOD! It's Near East couscous mix with toasted pine nuts, asparagus, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, garlic, and parmesan cheese. SO YUMMY! Bonus, I have leftovers :)
 I haven't really been happy with my life for quite a while now. I'm a receptionist at a job that most of the time I can't stand. I've been there three years. I know there's jobs out there where I won't be taken advantage of and where they'll actually appreciate what I do. Why do I stay? No clue.

Tim and I have been saving to move; but in the mean time, I'm doing everything I can to make my life better. I got this book at the library, and Gretchen Rubin has so many insightful things to say about making your life more simple and happy. Every chapter in the book is a month in the year. Each month, Gretchen tackles a new set of resolutions that she believes will make her happier. It's so interesting to read; and she has TONS of great ideas, many which I've started myself.

One thing I recently started was a Happiness Journal. At least once a week, I write down ten things that make me happy/smile. Thinking up different things that are going on in my life that I'm happy about is SO much more fun than focusing on things that make me depressed. This journal is something in my life that makes me appreciate the little things in life more.
 It IS all in your attitude. You have the ability to change how you act or feel. It's possible. I've been working on it :)
This is SO hard to do, but it's true! I HATE the feeling after you gossip about something-that nagging feeling that you just did something wrong. I've been working really hard for the past few weeks to not gossip and not listen to gossip. I've been trying to remove myself from the room wherever gossip is taking place. Gossip may be true, but I'd rather just not gossip. It drains me.

I highly recommend this book. It's so good. I've renewed it twice now from the library, just so I don't miss any important information :)

No comments:

Post a Comment